Monday, June 20, 2005

Tacky-cardigan

Sounds like 'tachycardia' only with a little more panache. Tonight, when my pulse rate spiked for no apparent reason (I was watching Harry Potter 2 on television and I don't care what anyone says, it's not THAT inflammatory) I called my dad to tell him, he being the resident cardio-guru. He says to me, "So, you're feeling a little tacky tonight?"

Those of you who have met my father realize that this is just another facet of his ever inappropriate humor, especially in times of crisis. I was lucky he didn't make a joke about people from Pearl River ala Jeff Foxworthy in the same breath.

So an hour later, after wrapping myself around Spiehler the stuffed dog and taking my pulse every ten minutes, it went back down to my daily sub-normal pulse rate. And I don't even have a tacky cardigan to show for it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

1 comment:

The DP said...

only your father
*slapping knees*