I always think of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when I hear this song. But for the moment, it's the theme song of Boston. It's been raining for something like four days now and I'm really over the cold, rainy, this is why we call it "new" England crap that makes it somehow okay for it to be COLD and rainy in the month of May. May is almost half over and I'm wearing a sweater and pulling a blanket onto my lap as I type. What is wrong with this picture? In protest, I am going to sit on the sofa and watch my DVDs of the West Wing. Sam is already curled up on his rug and I suspect he will not move from that spot for a while either.
Four days till we touch down in the homeland. I'm excited to see my family and friends but, more than that, I'm excited to experience how good it is to be from the South. I know I already wrote one gushy blog on this so I won't bore you with another, but the other part of this visit is going back to Natchitoches to see the little brother graduate from high school. Those of you who have known him since he was a squirt - and he now has the nerve to be a hell of a lot taller than me - are just as shocked as I am that he's graduating from high school, but I'm happy for him. Hopefully he'll go to college and find out what it means to be passionate about something other than his latest girlfriend. I am told that I will meet this girlfriend when I come to visit and I'm really not sure how I feel about this. In all fairness, he did meet almost every guy I ever dated, but that usually resulted in someone getting a piggyback ride or the two of them going to play with Legos, and I don't think he was old enough to really comprehend that I was involved with any of them anyway. I digress. So we get to go to Natchitoches, where it all began, and I get to see my old teachers and, by an even stranger coincidence, most of my seniors because it's their ten year reunion. This is a topic for another blog where I talk about how old I feel and how I'm not emotionally ready to go to my ten year reunion.
And to my beloved Casey, it's a date for Thursday night. The Chimes better stock up on Abita because we're gonna drink 'em dry!
No comments:
Post a Comment