We are nearly done with week two here in Ueberlingen, only a few more days before we take off for tour. The weather has been beantiful, with the exception of a few nasty bouts of wind and rain. We went to Konstanz on the other side of the Bodensee and it was just amazing - played cards the whole time back and watched the rain pound down. I'm not normally a fan of thunderstorms, but something about being on the water just upps the cool factor infinitely.
Have sampled lots of German beer, as befits a good German girl, and yesterday had my first plate of potato pancakes, for which I have so long waited. The guys were on the hunt for bratwurst but really, it's the potato products of Germany that whet my appetite something fierce. Now all I have to do is wait for the dumplings. Bread, beer, and potato whatnot - these are the best things about Germany, other than the part where I feel I finally speak the language well enough to survive. Purchased two books: Harry Potter 1 in German, and Pu der Baer. I admit that Pu der Baer is a little more on my level for grammar, and it keeps me honest with my articles, but I'm slogging through Harry Potter nonetheless. Still hunting down mp3s of Xavier Naidoo, trying to get as much of the language into my system as possible.
Laundry must be done, and Mahler must be rehearsed. If anyone is in Salzburg or Lucerne, come see me!
p.s. Today is my parents 34th wedding anniversary so send them a note and say congrats to them both for not killing each other? What does Miss Jean always say?
'The arsenic is next to the allspice. I have a shovel and no one will miss you.'
Now if that doesn't spell eternal bliss, I don't know what does.
1 comment:
Let me know your schedule. Still working out logistics with Paw Paw. never mind that he had friends here for the past two weeks.
Post a Comment