Tuesday, March 20, 2007

6 weird things, courtesy of Stacey

People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly! In the end, you need to choose 3 people to be tagged and list their names.

I'm really supposd to leave a message for these people on their blog telling them to read mine, but if you're reading, that's good enough for me.

Six weird things about me

1. I inherited the OCD thing from my dad. When I get on an arranging binge, I will stand in front of my dining room table that is covered with all of my homework and letters and bills and arrange them so that they are all facing the same way, and sort all of the papers so that each task to be accomplished (Poulenc syllabus to write, program notes for recital, props for opera next week) are in little piles. I also do this in my bathroom, separating all of the medicine and the makeup and the hair stuff and then arranging it so everything is separated and facing the same direction.

2. My OCD does not apply to the kitchen. I don't know where most of the things are in my kitchen (because my friend Jaci was the one who unpacked the kitchen boxes 2 years ago) and strangely, I don't care. I know where the dishes, glasses, and coffee mugs are and that's enough for me.

3. I scream at horror movies. I don't mean whimper and cower behind the blanket, though I do that too. I mean full out, blood-curdling, only an opera singer could possibly scream that loud, SCREAM. I was once dragged to see a horror movie at a theatre with this girl in college. I told her, you don't want to go with me, you'll be embarassed and people will hiss and point. She didn't believe me. Don't even ask me about the Blair Witch Project. My boyfriend actually got mad at me. And don't think that I don't warn people - I'm not one of those people who engages in social disruption just for the fun of it. So next time you want to watch the Omen, you just go ahead. I'll be in the other room watching Sense and Sensibility, thank you.

4. I am addicted to lip balm. It was classified as a full-scale addiction when I discovered that I was actually having an allergic reaction to my favorite mint-flavored lip balm from Bath & Body Works. I had to switch to cherry Chap Stick. Never did succumb to the Carmex thing like the DP. It just didn't do anything for me.

5. I have perfect pitch. You can play any note anywhere on any instrument and I can tell you what the note name is. You can also ask me to sing any particular pitch and (so long as it's in my singing range) I can sing it for you. I took a test run by a university in California that tested how good one's pitch memory was, and I scored above the 95th percentile. By most accounts, this classifies me as a freak, even among my musician friends. I am a veritable walking pitch pipe.

6. I'm a little superstitious. I believe in luck, I think that strange things happen when the moon is full, and I think that there is such a thing as fate and destiny. I also think that astrological signs are just a little bit true. I think this has more to do with the fact that my astrological sign describes my personality a little too perfectly, but let's be real: I married a Libra. Most of my good friends are Libras. I also carry a lucky gold dollar with me.

I tag:
Casey
Siggi
eBroadhead

3 comments:

LaCasey said...

D and I are Scorpio/Libra cusps - does that count?

The DP said...

Libra! Frank is a libra? And we both hate mouth noises? Loves it. BTW I love his blog. I don't know if he means to make people laugh but it cracks me up.

Your OCD is a manifestation of your germanness. I am so not joking. The arranging papers. So German.

The DP said...

By the way, you are old today. If I promise not to make fun of you for being old, will you spare me pictures of Armand all grown and stuff?