This is not a post about sports. I did go see the Sox play the Yankees on Friday night after trekking into the city in the horizontal rain and sitting in Boston Beer Works while they told us the game was delayed for rain (it's raining? really?) first until 8:05 and then 8:30 and then when they stopped the game in the LONGEST INNING EVER to send out the grounds crew to pull the tarps over the diamond. Damn Yankees. Stupid Johnny Damon. But this is not a post about sports.
This is not a post about my career. I'm home for another few days before I head off to Syracuse to sing some Magic Flute with puppets and masks. Read it again. Puppets and masks. Like Mardi Gras, only with opera. I'm trying to locate my character shoes but I have a sneaking feeling that they are actually still in Seattle. A curious problem. I also have to figure out how to condense my stage makeup kit down to a travel-friendly size because I refuse to take more than one suitcase. As it is, I have issues about checking bags. Let's not even talk about London for two and a half months. But this is not a post about my career.
This is a post about math. In an attempt to get a handle on what I eat and how I eat, I started doing Weight Watchers. This is not about eating less or more. This is about eating better and in a non-emotional way. Eating the veggies and the fruits because they're good for me. Cutting down on the double steak nachos and beer on Thursday nights with the gang. Two beers instead of four. Eight glasses of water instead of two. Actually preparing soup and a sandwich instead of grazing on whatever happens to be at the front of the fridge. And so I asked my mother to send me the food guides from WW. She and Mr. Hart have had great success with this program and pop has managed to stop complaining about being 'starved and deprived,' realizing that two scoops of creole cream cheese ice cream really IS one serving, especially when you add strawberries to it. Yum! Anyway, the books came in the mail and my hubby is flipping through them. There are 'points' values assigned to each of the foods listed so you can keep score throughout the day - how many points you've used, how many you have left, when you're making a recipe or a sandwich or whatever. And then he stops and says I won't believe what he's found.
Complete A-Z Food List
Opossum, cooked, 1oz 2points
Squirrel, cooked, 1oz 1point
Wow. But what I really want to know is this: what's the Points value for Nutria??
No comments:
Post a Comment