Educational sidebar: Sunscreen has an expiration date. It should be good for up to three years, as long as it's in a cool place like your medicine cabinet. But you shouldn't be keeping sunscreen for that long because you should be using it EVERY DAY. And anything below SPF 15 is just a joke.
So I pulled out my trusty bottle of Neutrogena, SPF 45, for my little run yesterday evening. And I was sure to cover my ears and my neck and a little extra on my nose. But my skin started to tingle, and my husband said his did the same, and even though I know that my super duper Neutrogena is less than nine months old, it started to tingle on my face so I threw that business in the trash can and I'm going to the drugstore today. My moisturizer has SPF 28 but that's not nearly enough. I'm looking into the serious SPF 50 stuff that Aveeno makes, especially with the new endorsements from the american academy of dermatology. Wear your sunscreen y'all. No one wants to look like a Coach purse before they've actually purchased one.
Because it's warmer, I'm going to have to inspire myself into getting up earlier and earlier to get in the run. By the time the afternoon comes around, I'm just feeling lazy and the sun is over in the west which means it's shining right on my running path. Ick. So that means I'm going to hang my running clothes on the armoire and put my running socks on top of my shoes and set my alarm a little earlier each day. Because if I can get my butt into my running shorts before I leave the bedroom, there is an increased possibility that I will actually go running. Otherwise, you're just some silly girl in her running clothes sitting on the sofa watching The View. And I do not want to be that girl. I want to be the girl with the firm legs trotting down the parkway. The happy girl who sleeps well. The happier version of myself. So let's do the math.
run/walk
total time - 39:45
total distance - 2.89 miles
The goal: make this into my "short run," find a "long run" that doesn't involve dodging cars.
And finally, the countdown:
18 days till my parents arrive, 19 days till Dr. Shiksa
Hooray!
2 comments:
dont watch the view
Eucerin has a new line of spf 50 for faces and bod
I am digging the eucerin but i wonder if it would not be too drying for you.
Otherwise there is the cetaphil 50 as well, which i can't get here. I am normally sensitive to avobenzone which is why I stick with the eucerin, though.
Post a Comment