Dinner with friends tonight, a lazy afternoon is ahead of me. Four miles down, maybe learning a new aria and a glass of iced tea...
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Here in my car
We went to Tanglewood this weekend. Despite the gross weather on the front end, it turns out to be lovely. I saw some friends from last summer and tried hard to let myself off the hook for not working out yesterday. Technically, Friday was my "free day" and Saturday was supposed to be some kind of cross-training for 30 minutes. Whoops. Saturday ended up being "sit in a masterclass with Mark Morris and eat honey-lavender ice cream day." Being in the car brings up all of the aches and pains that normally get stretched out when I go to the gym. That pinch in the bottom of my lower back, the knots of ick that find their way into my shoulders and neck. But today's four miles was good, if not easy. Much better than the 3.5 mile disaster of last Tuesday. I'm told that the group is running close to 6 miles this Tuesday. I confess that I'm frightened to even put myself in that situation, but if I can stick to my interval training, I think I'll be fine. You know how peer pressure works. You're with a group whose pace is faster than yours and you don't want to be the caboose. I am the caboose. I have to embrace my caboose (you in the back - get your mind out of the gutter. you're not getting anywhere near my caboose so don't even think it!). I'm sure someone smart would say that those who don't run fast run long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment