Saturday, September 05, 2009

Milestones

Yesterday: my first nine-mile training run. I'm still having this debate with myself about the new shoes and I suspect I will end up going back to Adidas and keeping the Nike shoes for my shorter runs. Once I'm really warmed up, my feet feel fine and my legs feel fine, but those first three miles are just brutal and I don't feel like they should be.

Yesterday: the blinds went up in the living room and bedroom, allowing beautiful sunlight into those rooms for the first time since we moved in last June. Sammy is lounging in one such column of sunlight even as I type this. Shades went up over the windows in the basement to cover up the fact that the lights are on 24/7. If anyone knows how to rewire a smoke detector so it's NOT linked to a light switch that operates actual lights, I would be most appreciative.

Yesterday: cleaned out medicine cabinet, balanced checkbook, swiffed and vacuumed everywhere the dog could shed, because today is Bill and Don's wedding and I am not planning on doing any kind of cleaning today, no sir.

Today we come full circle on weddings at Trinity. Bill was the priest who presided over our wedding. Richard was the organist. And as of today, I will have sung at both of their weddings. There are days when it's a beautiful thing to be a part of a church family, and today is really one of them. I've gotta get ready!

No comments: