Thursday, April 12, 2012

Carole King

Carole King felt the earth move under her feet (with significant pauses).  I, like her, am feeling that.  I chatted with this kooky and lovely Polish lady (in German) on the train yesterday.  She says she talks to the angels and that they listen to her, and that when she goes home and prays for me, I shouldn't be surprised when things start to move very fast. 

Boy howdy.  I've got whiplash. 

There's much to tell, but since none of it is in black and white signed and double-signed yet, I'll just say what I said to my husband at dinner.  When someone looks at a new piece of music that's really hard and their eyes get really big and they look at me like, "are we really doing THIS piece that looks like someone tripped with a bottle of ink in their hand?" and I have to tell them, "yes, this shit is for real," I'm actually thinking about Andy Samberg singing "I'm on a boat" and some jackass in the background yelling, "THIS BOAT IS FOR REAL!"

Friends, this boat is for real.  You best get ready. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a nautical themed pashmina afghan if'n you needs it.