Monday, August 29, 2005

Carrier pigeons

As in I need one.

Spent most of the day fretting (fretfretfret) and trying to call the homeland, but to no avail. I speculate that mom is cleaning up the yard and the shards of glass if there are any, and playing with the dog. It is my fondest hope that the house remained the island as she and pop promised it would, and that everyone is okay. Looking at the news only makes me depressed, especially with the moron patrol reporting live from Biloxi (pronounced by these yahoos "bilocksi") from inside their Hurricane-mobiles and talking about how the water is just sitting now, filled with the debris of houses and roofing shingles and lawn furniture. NO East is underwater so getting across the lake is out of the question, and even if my folks could leave the driveway I doubt they would.

No word since early this morning. I'm about to break out the smoke signals. I know I should be more patient but I just want to hear my mother's voice so I can tell her I'm mad at her for not going to a shelter like a sane person and making me worry all the day long.

Slow busy signal = busy
Fast busy signal = disconnected/out of order?

1 comment:

The DP said...

i am hearing all these doomsday reports about old spanish trail being underwater, northshore hospital being evacuated, and your aunt on a listserv and there being no nothing in slidell.

i cannot function at work, and no one here gets it.