Today is my stage makeup class. There are few things that make me laugh more than stage makeup, largely because you end up looking like a painted doll with the false eyelashes and such, and then you get to take it all off and paint up as another character. And anyone who's never had on false eyelashes is truly missing out - I told the fiancee that if he's not careful, I'm going to get the Halloween eyelashes with the pieces of shiny tinsel mixed in and wear them on our wedding day, just for amusement purposes. Mischief mischief.
In other news, my parents are getting royally screwed by State Farm. Everything over 20 years old is considered 'valueless' in the eyes of flood insurance, all things antique are excluded from the policy, and everything else is depreciated for time. So after all of this bullshit and paying premiums for the last nearly twenty years, they will be lucky to go to IKEA and purchase an endtable and a bean bag chair. Crank up your typing fingers ladies, I smell another letter-writing campaign coming on.
I asked the fiancee the other night if he thought we would ever be able to fulfill our dream of moving back to the city, taking our kids to City Park to feed the ducks, sitting on my grandmother's porch in Metairie the way we always wanted to.
He said that we would be able to, in time, and that hopefully the city will become a better version of its former self, safer, cleaner, better protected. It just hurts my heart to think about not being able to go home for a year, two years, and then seeing the remains of what was my favorite city.
Pray hard y'all, I don't trust Rita, sitting out there waiting to strike.
2 comments:
I thought insurance was supposed to replace what was lost. If your 30-year-old Ethan Allen dining room set that was in flawless condition gets destroyed, shouldn't insurance pay up enough to get a comparable Ethan Allen dining room set? Sheesh. I have State Farm for my homeowner's insurance too.
It's not for homeowners - it's the flood thing. Flood cancels out homeowners when it comes to contents. It would have been better if their house had burnt to the ground.
Post a Comment