It's pouring outside. I found this out the hard way, by having to leave Filene's (desperately in search of a dress to wear for the Marilyn Horne master class at Juilliard) in the midst of the torrential downpour, of course without an umbrella.
What do you do when it's raining outside? I prefer to stay in with a huge book and a mug of tea. I finally purchased (Tuesday) and finished (Wednesday) the new Harry Potter book and I have to say that they just keep getting better. Anyone who needs an idea about a wedding present for me can put any of the British edition Harry Potter books on the list - I can't believe I actually gave mine to the charity shop when I left England. Of all the things I could have left behind....sigh.
The familial units are doing better. Mom and Pop are moving in with their crazy friends Peter and Barbara. I don't know how well this is going to work as both of my parents are type A+ and PBJ (peter and barbara jean) are whatever the opposite of type A is - but I keep telling mom, it's better than living on the concrete floors with no sinks in the house and seeing through the walls, I know Peter and Barb don't clean the way you do, but it's a house with beds and showers and things like a fridge so you don't have to live out of the ice chest and it's only for a few months *yes, I did say MONTHS* until the builders say you can go back to the house.
One step at a time. Deep breathing. Going to Starbucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment