Hello all - I know it's been forever and a day since I last posted. I returned from my whirlwind visit to everyone I could possibly see in twelve hour slots about nine hours ago and I'm still exhausted and not sure what time zone I'm in.
First, update on the dad: he's doing lots better, it was ruled that he had gotten dehydrated and, as a result, his ventricles weren't pumping at full efficiency. He and mom are probably going to go to a heart clinic in Cleveland over spring break to make sure that the muscle walls have not thickened again - the problem for which he had open heart surgery twelve years ago. Mom says that the builder told her they should be able to move back into the house (albeit partially) some time in the next week. They are delivering appliances later this week and the builder will be doing the electrics. There will still be no cabinets and no flooring, but they can at least cook and bathe in the house, still sleeping in the FEMA trailer I believe....
Second, update on the personal illness: whatever strain of bronchitis I picked up last week, it's pretty evil and even though my recital hearing is tomorrow, I'm still getting this smoker's cough thing going on and I have to say, it's really getting on my nerves. Upside of this problem - I seriously doubt that the recital committee will keep me for too long, especially once they hear the death rattle in my chest.
I exaggerate - it's not that bad, it only rattles a little and I'm still medicated out the wazoo so hopefully it won't rattle when I'm singing.
Third, I wanted to say a big thanks to all of my wonderful friends who orchestrated both my arrival and departure: to Kristy, for posting fun pictures of our revelry at the Chimes, to Casey for carting my ass around, and to Drew and Stacey for the use of their guest bedroom and, as always, the hilarious conversation that made me laugh too much. Go baby Spiehler!
Gotta get going - lots to do and never enough time, of course. Have a good week y'all!
1 comment:
Glad to hear your father's doing better. You've got an interesting family. Try to keep 'em around for a bit longer, okay? :-)
Post a Comment