Saturday, March 11, 2006

Not in a while...

Haven't done one of these meme things in a while - I was tagged by Kristy so I will oblige.

Six things that nobody knows about me. Hmm....this will be difficult. I think some people will know some of these things, but I doubt that everyone will know all of them. Let's go.

1. I had my belly button pierced in 2002. Momma found out by accident and I don't think she ever let me live it down, but she didn't tell my dad. No, I wasn't living with my parents, no, they weren't supporting me, but yes, he would have given me hell about it and dragged me to the emergency room and had one of the doctors that has known me since I was seven talk to me about the dangers of body piercing.

2. I had a lump removed from my left breast when I was eighteen. Benign, but scary.

3. I went to Berlin by myself for three days. It was lots of fun but again, a little scary. Fortunately, Germans are taught English alongside German in school so I didn't have any trouble asking for directions to the philharmonic.

4. I don't like Beethoven's music. Most musicians would disqualify me from their group of friends for saying this. I just can't help it - it does nothing for me. Ditto for Mendelssohn.

5. I'm lactose intolerant. This is something I've only recently admitted to myself and I have to say, oreos and soy don't do it for me the same way oreos and milk did. I will still splurge and eat ice cream, but it's got to be really really good ice cream to make it worth it. Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide was my most recent escapade. Yum!

6. I got sent to the principal's office twice in the first grade. Once for fighting with a boy on the playground, another for hitting the same boy with my lunchbox, on the bus. What do you do when someone makes fun of your big metal Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox? You hit him with it. My metal lunchbox was replaced shortly thereafter with a plastic one that had Rainbow Brite on the cover. Parents ruin all the fun.

I tag: Dictator Princess, Drew, Stacey, Emily, Casey, and Armand.

No comments: