Thursday, June 15, 2006

This morning.....

.....my sister-in-law is having surgery. She was diagnosed with renal cancer two years ago and they took the kidney to which the tumor was attached. Everything looked fine, until they noticed two little nodules that had formed on her lungs, which I believe have now multiplied to four. After who-knows-how-many sessions of chemotherapy and drug therapy at NIH, they are going to remove the lower lobe of her lung, along with the cancerous nodules, and hope against all hope that it does not come back. Pray hard people - I've got five sisters-in-law and I'd rather keep it that way.

In other news, tomorrow is go time. I've got my traveler's visa, my passport, my new mp3 player that's smaller than my flash drive (thanks to my little brother the gadget whiz), and I haven't packed a thing. I have an audition in two hours and a rehearsal this afternoon so I keep telling myself, "this evening, you'll pack. and do laundry. and pack some more." I can't explain it - I've never been to Italy, I love to travel, but there's something in me that says, "why go to Italy when you can stay here with your husband and dog and spend the summer together?"
And I'm going to miss our six-month anniversary (June 30th, for those who would like to know) as well as the wedding of a dear friend and no matter how much I want to sing Gilda, it just makes me a little sick inside. *sigh*

Must go do laundry and at least get started on the packing. My pianist will be here in less than an hour to rehearse for this audition and I need to be remotely ready.

No comments: