It occurs to me that I'll have to re-load my mp3 player with German pop for the next seven weeks. Hmm. Harder to sing along when you're running but perhaps it's for the best.
I went back on my old route today to see how it felt. I ran for my five minutes - the pain in my ankles is almost completely gone and once I got going the soreness went away as well. I made sure to stretch really well when I got back and drank plenty of water. What has Emily learned? Don't shorten your warmup on an uphill route!
Heading out to Middlebury today. The suitcase is packed, the last-minute list is in my purse, and I'm going to go fill up the car. It should take four hours to get up there, just in time for supper and maybe find my running route for tomorrow. I'm excited to see my profs from two summers ago - I had such a great time. I'm bringing along my little German books to try and keep my reading up but until the language pledge goes into effect (Sunday afternoon) I've got my Jane Austen reader. Nothing helps one's grammar like reading Jane Austen.
Placement test is at 8am tomorrow morning - cross your fingers that I remember all of my verb tenses!
No comments:
Post a Comment