The sun rises so quickly - in the time it took me to get dressed and put on my running shoes, the sky had gone from dark red to purple and still lighter. This is why people get up early.
So I went downstairs to wait for Marcus (who chickened out on me). While I was there, this guy comes up to the hotel, drops a huge sack by the front desk, and leaves. Curious, right? I go and peek in - it's a huge sack of freshly baked baguettes for the day. They're still warm and I can smell that wonderful freshness that tells me they were made while I was still sleeping.
The run was pretty good, but the humidity is brutal, even at 630am. I huffed and puffed my way through the run, out and back in 1:01 with more walking breaks than I would have liked, but I think a full day of travel and exhaustion has a lot to do with it.
French gratitude
1. sunrise on the riviera
2. centuries of pedestrians who made sure we have places to walk and run
3. fresh croissants
4. French coffee - oh my Lord
5. what looks to be a beautiful day
6. the slow return of my French skills
No comments:
Post a Comment