Thursday, August 11, 2005

the end of the line

Okay,I know that I'm really desperate for american filmage when I watch Vier Hochzeiten und ein Todesfall.

And just for DP - the part where Mr. Bean is the priest and he says "in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spigot" - in German it was translated as "in der Name des Vaters, des Sohns und die Heiligen Schweizer." Wow.

4 comments:

The DP said...

watching the news in swiss german or listening to the radio is free comedy

don't know about those holy schweizers, i haven't found too many up in here

but do you remember, "that's some GOOD coffee". i thought of that this morning drinking my GOOD coffee and i snarfed.

The DP said...

wait a second, a few posts down you mentioned contacts...does this mean that you wear glasses routinely now and save contacts for special occasions?
welcome to the club .btw I am catching up, i am at -5 now but i never will be as blind as you and samir (-10 in the house, his glasses are two miles thick, and those are the thin lenses)

Shiksa on the move said...

The contacts are a thing of the past - only for stage and concert work. Me and my zeiss lenses are in true adult love.

The DP said...

harley and samir are jealous because i have these super light rimless Swissflex glasses (swiss technology, let me tell you). I feel like I have contacts on, minus the yucky gunky feeling.
the downside? evidently only people up to six diopters can wear them without the weight of the lenses destabilizing the frame.

Seriously though, back in the 80s I would have worn contacts. But lens technology is so advanced, I find I actually see better in glasses than contacts. I am so in your club. I have my emergency pair of contacts from holland (sold without a prescription) and that is it.