Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Here comes the sun

It is a gross day in New England. Overcast, approximately 58 degrees, windy and just a little drizzly. Perfect for running but not much else. Fell asleep in front of the TV last night watching the BBC's "Pride and Prejudice" which is still one of my absolutely favorite adaptations of a Jane Austen novel. Keira Knightley more closely resembles a coat tree than Elizabeth Bennet and I would much rather see Jennifer Ehle anyway. Not sure what to do with the rest of today - dishes, laundry, must find my German textbooks in the basement.

Here's a fun photo for the DP and the rest of the Slidell crew: Dad and Opa on vacation in Germany. I don't know exactly where they are or what they're doing, but this photo is classic Hindrichs family in action. In the mode of the New Yorker, I'm going to ask for the best caption. I don't know who gets what for the best caption, but we'll think of something.
I'll spare you the family photo of everyone in Lederhosen. I thought they only made those things for the German pavilion at Epcot. At least mom didn't let them buy any.
Time out 2:15pm - first song on mp3 player - "Here comes the sun" The Beatles
walked 15 minutes, still didn't feel warmed up
walked another 10 minutes, felt like a total failure
Dexy's Midnight Runners "Come on Eileen"
began my minute on/minute off runs during which time I'm sure that all of Newton North High School was making fun of the woman in her late 20s (sigh) running past their large windows (who also happened to be singing along to "Ain't no mountain high enough")
made my 4 minutes just in time to go up the evil hill which seemed larger and nastier than usual
Time in 2:57pm - last song on mp3 player - "Jein" Fettes Brot

4 comments:

Frank Pesci said...

yay! Im first!
ahem...

"Would you like a beer, Hart? Good, you know where they are. Fetch me one while you're at it, will ya?"

I would now like to collect my prize.

Unknown said...

Not so fast, JUNIOR. Let someone with THE THIRD in their name do the heavy lifting.

"See son, I told you your Volkswagen Bug wouldn't float on the water."

ZING!

I love Opa's 50's g-man glasses.

The DP said...

ok, i am sorry, i would caption this but i think your husband just won.

Jein is one of my favorite songs ever. One day we will torture people singing it karaoke, promise? I wanna sing Schiff's part

The DP said...

the only thing i would add to the first comment would be "oh and I can't seem to find my Euros, thanks son!"