In other news, I've decided to run the Chicago Marathon next year. My running mentor/organist friend Richard was running it the same day I was doing the Boston Half. He called me before my race started and we had a lovely chat, shared our pictures after he got home, and then it hit me, like a ton of bricks. I think I want to do a marathon. I KNOW I want to do a marathon. Oh my goodness. So I was talking to Richard about it and he says, "Why don't you come run Chicago with me next year?" And that was it. We haven't talked about hardly anything else. We're going to get hotel rooms and make a little mini-vacation out of it. I've already bookmarked Hal Higdon's novice marathon training program (debating between the novice marathon program and the novice supreme - I think I can maintain my basic mileage on my own, up to about an 8 or 9 mile run, so the 18 week program should suffice) and contemplated what running through the winter is going to be like (layer system, you have nothing on me) and how I really need to get a pair of those running tights that have muscular support in them, and how amazing it's going to feel to cross that line and, somewhere down the line, tell my kids that I ran marathons, because of course I'm going to have to do more than one. This could become an illness.
Shiksa running - staving off the crazy since 2007. Get on board, little children, there's room for many a-more.
No comments:
Post a Comment