Saturday, October 24, 2009

The sweet smell of success

I sang a competition today. I showed up early, was told I'd be third in line to warm up and then sing since they were running early. Somehow, in the next hour (MORE than three people later) I ended up warming up and then only singing one aria because....they were running late. Weird.

But the success of which I speak does not have to do with the competition, oh nosir. The success of which I speak is the sweet wonderfulness that has to do with finding an audition dress that is so very much exactly what you want, and on sale, and OH HEAVEN, they have it in two colors that both look amazing with your skin. So what did yours truly do? That's right, she did what her momma taught her. She bought both dresses. Both on sale. Both fabulous, in two lovely shades of eggplant ("Bob, would you call this color 'eggplant' or 'aubergine'?") and mallard blue - I look divine in jewel tones.

So now, when I waltz into my Santa Fe audition tomorrow, I will be sporting one of these two divine concoctions (purple? blue? so many choices!) and the other will be packed safely in my bag for my other auditions this week, and I just know I will be working it. How do I know? Because a girl knows when she's working it.

Gotta go pack the bag. Think positive thoughts. Momma wants to work, as well as work it :)

No comments: